- Business Location
- Type of Business
- Number of Employees
- Home Address of Business Owner
- Phone Number of Business Owner
- Taxpayer ID Number OR Owner's Social Security Number
- Seller's Permit from State Board of Equalization
- State License Number (contractor, physician, etc)
Note: Vending and amusement machines require a separate permit for each machine in addition to the primary business license.
All business license taxes must be paid at the time the application is submitted.
Additional Departmental Reviews and Approvals
Your business may also be subject to a Police Controlled License. Additional information can be accessed here.
The City requires that the following mobile businesses complete a Storm Water Questionnaire and Certification Statement:
- Auto Repair, Detailing and Washing
- Carpet, Drape, or Furniture Cleaning
- Fire Equipment and Sprinkler Maintenance
- Pest Control Services
- Pet Grooming
- Portable Grooming
- Portable Sanitary Services, including Plumbing
- Power Washing Services
- Pool, Spa, and Fountain Maintenance
- Any mobile construction business (e.g. cement work, masonry, painting and coating)
- Any mobile business that utilizes water
If you would like to license one of the above business types, please visit our Stormwater webpage or contact our Public Works Department at (619) 397-6000.
Disability Access (SB1186) Notice
Under federal and state law, compliance with disability access laws is a serious and significant responsibility that applies to all California building owners and tenants with buildings open to the public. You may obtain information about your legal obligations and how to comply with disability access laws at the following agencies: