Download a printable Checklist
- Grab your Emergency Supply Kit
- Locate other items of value that you may want to bring (that are not in your kit, such as important documents, family photos, irreplaceable items, and easily carried valuables). Put your kit and all other items in a place where you can grab them in a hurry.
Keep the six “Ps” ready, in case an immediate evacuation is required (those not included in your kit):
- People and pets
- Papers, phone numbers, and important documents
- Prescriptions, vitamins, and eyeglasses
- Pictures and irreplaceable memorabilia
- Personal computers (hard drive and disks)
- “Plastic” (credit cards, ATM cards) and cash
- Alert Family and Neighbors
- Get Prepared to Leave
- Dress in appropriate clothing (clothing made from natural fibers, such as cotton, and work boots). Have goggles and a dry bandana or particle mask handy.
- Stay tuned to your TV or local radio stations for updates, or check the City of Chula Vista’s website at www.chulavistaca.gov. In an emergency, the website will continually have updates.
- Remain close to your house, drink plenty of water and know where your family and pets are at all times.
- Evacuate if asked to do so or if the threat
is close to you.
- Follow your Personal Wildfire Evacuation Plan so everyone in your family knows where to go to find each other.