Download a printable Emergency Supplies Checklist
The American Red Cross recommends every family have an emergency supply kit assembled long before a wildland fire or other emergency occurs. The following items can help you assemble yours! For more information on emergency supplies, visit the American Red Cross website at www.redcross.org.
- Three-day supply of water (one gallon per person per day)
- Non-perishable food for all family members and pets (three-day supply)
- First aid kit Flashlight, battery-powered radio, and extra batteries
- An extra set of car keys
- Cash or traveler's checks
- Sanitation supplies
- Extra eyeglasses or contact lenses
- Important contact numbers
- Map marked with evacuation routes
- Extra prescriptions or special medications
- Disk or devices that contain back-up information from computers or hard drives
- Chargers for cell phones, laptops, etc.
- Keep a pair of old shoes and a flashlight handy in case of a sudden evacuation at night.
- Keep an extra Emergency Supply Kit in your car in case you can't get to your home because of fire.