The following visitor qualifications must be met without exception:
- An inmate cannot be allowed visitation the day they go to court.
- Federal USM Inmates are allowed one 1-hour visits per week.
- Up to two adults (ages 15 and older) or one adult and two children may visit at the same time.
- Visitors must have a valid photo ID issued by a government, state, or US federal agency. Minors do not need to show ID. (Those with only foreign national identification will be considered on a case-by-case basis, depending on the ability to verify identification).
- Each adult visitor is subject to a criminal background check.
- Visitors including minors over the age of 14 may not be on parole, formal probation, have a valid restraining order against them (either suspect or victim) or have an active warrant or pending criminal court case.
- A visitor's past criminal history may be grounds for visitation refusal. Each request will be evaluated on case-by-case basis. The final decision rests with the jail staff on-duty at the time of the request.
- Visitors may not be a current "domestic violence" crime victim of the inmate.
- Visitors are not permitted to carry any purse, package, bag or clothing into the visitor’s holding area (this policy does not pertain to attorneys or other "professional" visitors). Cell phones are prohibited in the visiting area. Please leave these items locked in your vehicle or at home.
- Visitors may be subject to search using a metal detecting hand wand.
- Visitors must be appropriately dressed. Clothing associated with street gangs is prohibited (All NFL clothing, bandanas, skull caps etc.). Tattoos associated with street or prison gangs must be covered. Revealing clothing (tank tops without bras, extremely low cut blouses or dresses, extremely short dresses, etc.) is prohibited. The final decision on acceptable dress rests with the jail staff on-duty at the time.
- Physical contact between prisoners and visitors is strictly prohibited.
- Each adult visitor (15 years of age and older) must complete and submit the Visitor Application (or download) prior to arriving for a visit.
- Once an application has been completed, a visit can be scheduled. You will be contacted at the phone number listed on the application once it has been processed to arrange a date and time for your visit.
- Walk-in visits or after hour visits, including "bail interview" visits are not available.
Visits, including previously scheduled appointments, may be cancelled at any time due to operational necessity.
Schedule a Visit
- We apologize for the inconvenience, but we are currently unable to receive and approve any online visitation requests for inmates who are currently in our custody. To schedule a visit, please contact the City Jail at (619) 691-5228.