The following information must be submitted with your application prior to the approval of your license. Applications will be accepted at the Chula Vista Police Department on an appointment only basis during Business office hours of 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday. Please contact Licensing at (619) 691-5244 to set up an appointment. There is a 30 day investigation period which begins at the time your completed application is submitted.
ALL FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE.
YOU MAY NOT OPERATE IN THE CITY OF CHULA VISTA WITHOUT A VALID POLICE CONTROLLED LICENSE/PERMIT.
- Completed Police Controlled License application
- Submit (1) 2” x 2” Standard color passport photo taken within the last six months.
- Check, Cash, Credit Card or Money Order:
- $175.00 Background fee payable to the City of Chula Vista
- $50.00 Live Scan Fee.
- Live Scan Form
- To Make Live Scan appointments call (619) 409-5954 or log on to Live Scan Scheduling
- Copy of Governmental issued picture I.D. (Driver’s License, California I.D)
You will be notified by your employer or by email when your ID badge is ready for pick up.
The Police Controlled Permit is valid for one year from date of issue.
For any questions contact Licensing at (619) 691-5244.