The required documentation must be submitted to the Licensing Desk prior to scheduling an inspection. Inspections are made by appointment only. Please contact Licensing at (619) 691-5244 to schedule an appointment.
ALL FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE
YOU MAY NOT OPERATE IN THE CITY OF CHULA VISTA WITHOUT A VALID CITY BUSINESS LICENSE AND A POLICE CONTROLLED LICENSE/PERMIT
- Firearms Dealer Renewal Form
- Copy of Current City Business License.
- Check, Cash, Credit Card or Monday order payable to the City of Chula Vista in the amount of $310.00.
- California Firearms Dealer (CFD) from the Department of Justice (DOJ).
- Letter from Firearms Licensing Permits Unit from the DOJ.
- California Sellers Permit from the California State Board of Equalization.
- California Certificate of Eligibility from DOJ.
- Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms (ATF) License / Federal Firearms License (FFL) License from the Department of Treasury.
The Police Controlled License/Permit issued by the Chula Vista Police Department is valid for one year.
Please contact (619) 691-5244 if you require additional information.