Please review Chula Vista Municipal Code Section 5.38 prior to submitting your application. The following information must be submitted with your application prior to the approval of your license. Applications will be accepted at the Chula Vista Police Department by appointment only during the hours of 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Monday - Thursday. Please contact Licensing at (619) 691-5244 to set up an appointment. There is a 30 day investigation period which begins at the time your completed application is submitted.
ALL FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE.
YOU MAY NOT OPERATE IN THE CITY OF CHULA VISTA WITHOUT A VALID CITY BUSINESS LICENSE AND A POLICE CONTROLLED LICENSE/PERMIT.
- Application for Secondhand Dealer or Pawnbroker License
- Money Order or Cashiers Check for $300.00, Payable to the Department of Justice (DOJ) for processing State License.
- $20,000 BOND for Pawnbrokers.
- A Financial statement confirming $100,000.00 in liquid assets.
- Completed Chula Vista Application for Police Controlled License
- Cash, Check ,Credit Card or Money Order:
- $315.00 Background Investigation payable to the City of Chula Vista
- $50.00Fingerprint fee/ Live Scan
- Live Scan Form
- To Make Live Scan appointments call (619) 409-5954 or log on to Live Scan Scheduling
- Copy of Governmental issued picture I.D. (Driver’s License, California I.D)
- Copy of paperwork from Finance Department for City Business License.
Permit is valid for two years from date of issue.
All Employees must have permit to work in pawn shop which must be renewed annually.
Please contact (619) 691-5244 if you require additional information.