Please review Chula Vista Municipal Code Section 5.36 for requirements to operate as a Massage Technician within the City of Chula Vista, prior to submitting an application.
The following information must be submitted with your application prior to the approval of your license. Applications will be accepted at the Chula Vista Police Department by appointment only during Business office hours of 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday. Please contact Licensing at (619) 691-5244 to set up an appointment. There is a 30 day investigation period which begins at the time your completed application is submitted.
ALL FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE.
YOU MAY NOT OPERATE IN THE CITY OF CHULA VISTA WITHOUT A VALID CITY BUSINESS LICENSE AND A POLICE CONTROLLED LICENSE/PERMIT.
- Submit a completed Police Controlled License application.
- Submit (1) 2” X 2” photo taken in the last six months.
- Certified copy of diploma and transcript from a state or nationally accredited school showing 500 hours of massage specialty training and/or therapeutic approach.
- National Certification – (wwww.ncbtmb.com) or 1-800-296-0664
- Certification of Health form completed(Medical examination not more than 30 days preceding application)
- Check, Cash, Credit Card or Money Order:
- $175.00 Background Investigation fee payable to the City of Chula Vista
- $50.00 Fingerprint fee / Live Scan
- Live Scan Form
- To Make Live Scan appointments call (619) 409-5954 or log on to Live Scan Scheduling
- Copy of Governmental issued picture I.D. (Driver’s License, California ID)
- Copy of Business License from the City of Chula Vista.
The Police Controlled License is valid for one year from the date it is issued.
Please contact (619) 691-5244 if you require additional information.