The following information must be provided prior to the approval of your application. After obtaining the required information and documents indicated, the police controlled application will be accepted at the Chula Vista Police Department, Monday through Thursday, 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. by APPOINTMENT ONLY. There is an approximate 30 day investigation period that starts at the time you completed application is submitted.
ALL FEES ARE NON REFUNDABLE.
YOU MAY NOT OPERATE IN THE CITY OF CHULA VISTA WITHOUT A VALID POLICE CONTROLLED LICENSE/PERMIT.
- Completed Chula Vista Application for Police Controlled License
- Cash, Check , Credit Card or Money Order:
- $165.00 Background Investigation payable to the City of Chula Vista
- $50.00Fingerprint fee / Live Scan
- Live Scan Form
- To Make Live Scan appointments call (619) 409-5954 or log on to Live Scan Scheduling
- Submit (1) 2” X 2” photo taken within the last six months.
- Copy of Governmental issued picture I.D. (Driver’s License, California I.D)
PERMIT IS VALID FOR ONE YEAR.
Please contact (619) 691-5244 if you require additional information.