Please review Chula Vista Municipal Code Section 5.38 prior to submitting your application. The following information must be submitted with your application prior to the approval of your license. Applications will be accepted at the Chula Vista Police Department by appointment only during the hours of 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday. Please contact Licensing at (619) 691-5244 to set up an appointment. There is a 30 day investigation period which begins at the time your completed application is submitted.
ALL FEES ARE NON REFUNDABLE
YOU MAY NOT OPERATE IN THE CITY OF CHULA VISTA WITHOUT A VALID CITY BUSINESS LICENSE AND A POLICE CONTROLLED LICENSE/PERMIT
- Application for Secondhand Dealer or Pawnbroker License
- Money Order or Cashiers Check for $300.00, payable to the Department of Justice (DOJ) for processing State License application
- Completed Chula Vista Police Controlled License Application
- Cash, Check, Credit Card or Money Order:
- $315.00 Background Fee payable to the City of Chula Vista
- $50.00 Fingerprinting fee / Live Scan
- Live Scan Form
- To Make Live Scan appointments call (619) 409-5954 or log on to Live Scan Scheduling
- Copy of Governmental issued picture I.D. (Driver’s License, California I.D)
- Copy of paperwork from Finance Department for City Business License.
Secondhand Dealer Permit from Department of Justice is valid for two years.
The Police Controlled License/Permit issued by the Chula Vista Police Department is valid for two years.
Please contact (619) 691-5244 if you require additional information.