The following information must be provided prior to the approved renewal of your application. After obtaining the required information and documents indicated, the application will be accepted at the Chula Vista Police Department, Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. There is a 30 day investigation period beginning from the date the application is received.
ALL FEES ARE NON REFUNDABLE
YOU MAY NOT OPERATE IN THE CITY OF CHULA VISTA WITHOUT A VALID CITY BUSINESS LICENSE AND A POLICE CONTROLLED LICENSE/PERMIT
- Secondhand Dealer Owner Renewal Form
- Money Order or Cashiers Check for $300.00, Payable to the Department of Justice (DOJ) for processing State License.
- Cash, Check, Credit Card or Money Order:
- $100.00 renewal fee made payable to the City of Chula Vista.
- Copy of Governmental issued picture I.D. (Driver’s License, California I.D., etc.)
Secondhand Dealer Permit from Department of Justice is valid for two years from date of issue.
The Police Controlled License/Permit issued by the Chula Vista Police Department is valid for two years.
Please contact (619) 691-5244 if you require additional information.