Please review Chula Vista Municipal Code Section 5.38 and Chapter 5.40 prior to submitting your application. The following information must be submitted with your application prior to the approval of your license. Applications will be accepted at the Chula Vista Police Department by appointment only during the hours of 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday. Please contact Licensing at (619) 691-5244 to set up an appointment. There is a 30 day investigation period which begins at the time your completed application is submitted.
ALL FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE
YOU MAY NOT OPERATE IN THE CITY OF CHULA VISTA WITHOUT A VALID CITY BUSINESS LICENSE AND A POLICE CONTROLLED LICENSE/PERMIT
- Completed Police Controlled Business License Application
- Submit (1) 2” X 2” photo taken in the last six months.
- Check, Cash, Credit Card or Money Order:
- $165.00 Background fee payable to the City of Chula Vista
- $50.00 Live Scan Fee
- Live Scan Form
- To Make Live Scan appointments call (619) 409-5954 or log on to Live Scan Scheduling
- Copy of Governmental issued picture I.D. (Driver’s License, California ID)
- Copy of California Driver’s License
- Current Vehicle registration issued by the DMV
- Current Vehicle Insurance Card from insurance provider
- Valid Department of Health Permit / County of San Diego
- Valid City of Chula Vista Business License obtained at Building Dept
The Police Controlled License/Permit issued by the Chula Vista Police Department is valid for one year.
Please contact (619) 691-5244 if you require additional information.