No Hold Impound
- You will need to pay the negligent vehicle impound fee of $175.00. You may pay this fee at the Chula Vista Police Department front counter located at 315 Fourth Avenue, Chula Vista, CA 91910. Payments are accepted during our regular business hours 8 AM - 5 PM, Monday thru Friday, holidays excepted. Payments can be made in the form of cash or credit card (excluding Discover). You must pay the negligent vehicle impound fee before your vehicle will be released by the tow company.
- Once you have paid the negligent vehicle impound fee you will take your receipt of payment to the tow company and your vehicle will be released.
30-Day ImpoundIf your car has been impounded:
- Fill and print the Impound Hearing Form. English Form Spanish Form
- Submit your completed form at the Chula Vista Police Department, located at 315 Fourth Avenue, Chula Vista, CA 91910. Our regular business hours are 8 AM - 5 PM, Monday thru Friday, holidays excepted.
- A person from the Chula Vista Police Department Traffic Unit will contact you within 48 hours (not including weekends or holidays) with a decision about your impounded vehicle.
- For early release prior to 30 days, the driver of the vehicle at the time of the impound must present a valid California driver’s license. 14602.6(d)(1)(E) CVC.
If you have additional questions regarding vehicle impounds you may contact (619) 585-5796.