No Hold Impound
The negligent vehicle impound fee is $175.00. You must pay the non-refundable negligent vehicle impound fee before your vehicle will be released by the tow company.
- Pay the negligent vehicle impound fee of $175.00 at the Chula Vista Police Department front counter located at 315 Fourth Avenue, Chula Vista, CA 91910. Payments are accepted during our regular business hours 8 AM - 5 PM, Monday thru Friday, not including holidays. Payments can be made in the form of cash or credit card (excluding Discover).
- Once you have paid the NIP fee you will take your receipt of payment to the tow company, pay their fees along with showing proof of current registration and insurance and your vehicle will then be released.
Online (Please read before paying online):
- If you do not know the case number or the location where your vehicle was towed, please call CVPD Dispatch non-emergency line (619) 691-5151 to retrieve this information, which is required to complete the online payment.
- After completing the form and submitting payment, you will receive two emails from firstname.lastname@example.org. One with the subject *NEW SUBMISSION* Negligent Impound Processing Fee that will have the information submitted. The second email will have the subject "City of Chula Vista: Negligent Impound Processing fee - Order Confirmation", that will have the payment information. You must bring BOTH emails to the tow company to retrieve your vehicle. You must provide your email address below to receive the first email. Pay online here
30-Day ImpoundIf your car has been impounded and has a 30-day hold:
- Complete and print the Impound Hearing Form. English Form Spanish Form
- Submit your completed form at the Chula Vista Police Department, located at 315 Fourth Avenue, Chula Vista, CA 91910. Our regular business hours are 8 AM - 5 PM, Monday thru Friday, not including holidays.
- A person from the Chula Vista Police Department Traffic Unit will contact you within 48 hours (not including weekends or holidays) with a decision about your impounded vehicle.
- For early release prior to 30 days, the driver of the vehicle at the time of the impound must present a valid California driver’s license. 14602.6(d)(1)(E) CVC.
If you have additional questions regarding vehicle impounds, you may contact (619) 585-5796.