Please review Chula Vista Municipal Code Section 5.28 prior to submitting the requested information below. No person shall engage in the business of selling or otherwise transferring, or advertise for sale or transfer any pistol, revolver or other firearm capable of being concealed upon the person, without first obtaining a license from the Chief of Police, which license shall be issued in accordance with conditions and provisions contained in Article 1, Chapter 2, Division 6, Title 4, Part 6 of the Penal Code, Commencing at Section 26700. In accordance with Penal Code 26705(d), a nonrefundable required fee(s), or the required renewal fee(s), shall accompany the submission of each license application. Such licenses, when issued, shall expire one year from the date of issuance and may be renewed only by filing a written request for renewal, accompanied by the annual license fee and a copy of the license to be renewed.
The required documentation must be submitted to the Licensing Desk prior to scheduling an inspection. Inspections are made by appointment only. Please contact Licensing at (619) 691-5244 to schedule an appointment.
ALL FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE
YOU MAY NOT OPERATE IN THE CITY OF CHULA VISTA WITHOUT A VALID CITY BUSINESS LICENSE AND A POLICE CONTROLLED LICENSE/PERMIT
- Copy of Business License Application or receipt.
- Check, Cash, Credit Card or Money Order payable to the City of Chula Vista in the amount of $365.00
- California Firearms Dealer (CFD) from the Department of Justice (DOJ).
- Letter from Firearms Licensing Permits Unit from the DOJ.
- California Sellers Permit from the California State Board of Equalization.
- California Certificate of Eligibility from DOJ.
- Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms (ATF) License / Federal Firearms License (FFL) License from the Department of Treasury.
The Police Controlled License/Permit issued by the Chula Vista Police Department is valid for one year.
Please contact (619) 691-5244 if you require additional information.