Important Updates:

COVID-19/Coronavirus - The City of Chula Vista is here to serve you. While in-person services are limited, many services are available online. For more details, please visit our Coronavirus page here




Recover Your Property

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

To recover or claim property or evidence being retained on a case, you must make an appointment with the Property and Evidence Unit.  Appointments can be made Tuesday through Friday from 10:00am to 4:00pm by calling (619) 691-5249. You will need to bring your case number, a valid picture ID and a notice to claim property (if applicable).

Retrieve a Firearm

If your firearm was taken by the police for safekeeping, State Law requires you apply to the Department of Justice for a background clearance before it can be released back to you. Authorization from your case agent or unit sergeant is recommended before you can apply through the Department of Justice. Please call the Chula Vista Police Gun Desk at (619) 476-2473 to find out the status of your firearm release or if you have any questions. You can upload an application from at any time.

View Full Site