(Click the key words to jump to the information below.)
- Before you make a reservation, know the details!
- Planning to have alcohol?
- Want to add a vendor or activities (air jumps, pony rides, etc.)?
Select Your Option
Open Park Areas
Up to 25 People
Free - First come, first served (no air jumps or other activities included). You may gather in any area of a park, except in picnic areas or gazebos where a reservation is posted.
1-50 People (for a Reservation)
50-100 People: Medium Gazebo
Up to 200 People: Large Gazebo
|Sports Fields||Sports field reservations (i.e. soccer, softball) can be made through the Recreation Department. Park reservations do NOT guarantee the use of adjacent sports fields or facilities.
- Park reservation applicants must be 18+ years old.
- If more than 25 people attend an event, you MUST have a reservation for a picnic area or gazebo, or fill out the Special Park Use Form (charges/deposit may apply).
- Reservations are accepted no later than noon the Thursday before the event. Plan ahead - our parks can fill up fast!
- If you want to add-on a permit for an Air Jump, Pony Rides, or Other Vendor Services, it must be added by noon the Wednesday before the event.
- Your approved vendor will need to confirm online by noon the Thursday before.
- Keep reservation/permit receipt with you at your event; City staff may request it at any time.
- Park reservations do not include sports fields, which may simultaneously be occupied by leagues/groups permitted through the Recreation Department.
- Security deposit refunds for reservations will be denied if park rules or regulations are violated.
- All gazebos and picnic areas are open to the public, therefore cleanliness cannot be guaranteed even if you make a reservation. Early arrival is recommended.
- If your reserved area is occupied, call the non-emergency Police line at (619) 691-5151 for assistance.
Cancellations, Changes & Refunds
Need to cancel, change, or get a refund? Submit your request.
If you need specific accommodations or have a special request, let us help!
With the exception of the parks listed below (that require a reservation to have alcohol), you may have alcohol. NO kegs or glass. Be prepared to show ID to Park Rangers and/or Police personnel.
Parks Requiring a Reservation
You MUST have a reservation to consume alcohol in these parks:
- Eucalyptus Park
- Friendship Park
- Harborside Park
- Lauderbach Park
- Memorial Park
- Orange Park
- Rienstra Park
- SDG&E East & West Parks
Alcohol is prohibited at J Street Marina, Marina View, and Bayside Parks without a Port of San Diego special event permit.
Add a Vendor or Multiple Activities
You can add additional activities (an extra or oversized air jump, canopies, generators, etc.) by filling out the Special Park Use Form. Additional fees may apply and all requests will be approved at the discretion of Parks staff.