|Your visit to the Parks in the City of Chula Vista should be an enjoyable one. For your safety, our parks are monitored by Park Rangers.||Make a Reservation|
General Park Rules
You must be at least 18 years old to reserve a park or obtain a permit for City of Chula Vista Parks.Be sure to bring your permit with you on the day of your event. Parks & Recreation staff may request this document at any time during your event.
PARK RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Park hours are 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. unless otherwise stated.
- Unreserved park facilities can be enjoyed on a first come, first served basis for groups up to 25 people
- Park reservations do not include sports fields.
- There is no smoking permitted at any City park.
- All trash and litter must be placed in trash cans.
- You may bring your own tables and chairs along with canopies no larger than 10 feet by 10 feet and no more than three canopies per event.
- NO kegs or glass.
- Battery powered radios and boom boxes are allowed as long as the volume is kept down and they are not modified to include an amplified sound system.
- No animals, except for dogs and cats, are allowed in any Chula Vista park. Dogs and cats must remain on a leash that is no longer than 6 ft. in length.
- All vehicles including motorcycles must stay in parking areas. No driving on park grounds.
- Fires must be contained in propane-style BBQ grills only. No charcoal grills, deep fryers or fire pits allowed.
- No guns, drones, firecrackers, rockets, torpedoes, air guns, or slingshots are allowed in any park.
- No overnight camping.
- Air Jump generators cannot have any other device plugged into them. Additional generators are allowed as long as they are not placed directly on the grass (on a piece of wood, etc) and they are not refueled on the grass.
- All commercial vendor services require a permit.
- Air jumps are allowed in selected park areas by permit only. You are required to select an air jump from the approved vendors list.
- Piñatas may not be affixed to any structure in the Park, including, but not limited to gazebos, playgrounds, light posts, trees, etc.
- The following are prohibited in City Parks, unless authorized by the Parks & Recreation Staff.
- Amplified Music/DJ
- Display Posters
- Handout Leaflets
- Selling Merchandise
- Game Trucks
- Food Trucks
- Petting Zoo
- Pony Rides
*For all items that require Department approval, please fill out the Additional Vendor Request.
Alcohol (NO glass or kegs)
You must be 21 years of age or older to have alcohol. Be prepared to show ID to Park Rangers and Police personnel. Failure to comply with alcohol rules may result in a fine
Alcohol is allowed at most City parks with the exception of the following:
- Eucalyptus Park
- Friendship Park
- Harborside Park
- Lauderbach Park
- Memorial Park
- Orange Park
- Rienstra Park
- SDG&E East & West Parks
For the listed parks, alcohol permits are included if you have a Park Reservation. For groups of less than 25 people without a park reservation, an alcohol permit must be obtained.
For More Information
Send us an email regarding park reservations, rules, regulations or cancellations.
Access Park & Facilities Rules in the Chula Vista Municipal Code.
Access Smoking Regulations in the Chula Vista Municipal Code.
Access Rules and Regulations - Picnic Shelters in the Chula Vista Municipal Code.
Master Fee Schedule Information (Parks and Recreation section)