Important Updates:

COVID-19/Coronavirus - The City of Chula Vista is here to serve you. While in-person services are limited, many services are available online. For more details, please visit our Coronavirus page here




Graffiti Abatement Program

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Call 911 to Report Graffiti in Progress | Report Graffiti on Public Property | Report Graffiti on Private Utilities

The City of Chula Vista is responsible for removing graffiti from public infrastructure only. This includes sidewalks, pavement, curb and gutter, and City facilities. Graffiti eradication from commercial and residential properties is the responsibility of the property owner.

graffiti1   graffiti2   

Graffiti Abatement Program

In the on-going battle against graffiti, the City of Chula Vista has two graffiti eradication programs for residents and business owners that have been a victim of tagging or graffiti. These programs allow community groups such as residents, schools, churches, and businesses to get involved in the eradication of graffiti on private property in their neighborhoods. "Buff A Block" and "Art On A Box," are designed to be fun and educational activities, by inspiring civic responsibility, community pride, spirit, camaraderie, and to provide opportunity to accomplish something positive by beautifying the community. For more information on these projects, please call (619) 397-6037 or send an email.

Reporting Graffiti IN PROGRESS: Call 911

To report graffiti on private utilities, call in the address and cross street to the following:

Agency Category Phone Number
Cox Cable
Meter Pedestals
(619) 266-5450
SDG&E Utility Boxes
(866) 421-4688

Pay Phones
Utility Boxes

(866) 243-6122
Otay Water District
Brown or purple covers or hydrants
(619) 670-2207
Union-Tribune Newspaper Stands
(619) 293-1798

Additional Graffiti Contact Information

To report existing graffiti outside of Chula Vista, call the graffiti hotline of the appropriate jurisdiction:

Agency Phone Number
CalTrans Not Provided
 Submit Customer Service Request
City of National City
(619) 336-4545
 Graffiti Removal Services
City of San Diego
(619) 527-7500
 Reporting Graffiti
County of San Diego
(858) 565-5200
 Graffiti Abatement
View Full Site