Important Updates:

COVID-19/Coronavirus - The City of Chula Vista is here to serve you. While in-person services are limited, many services are available online. For more details, please visit our Coronavirus page here




Frequently Asked Questions

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option


  • Where can I find swimming pool information?

    You can visit the Aquatics webpage that offers a complete list of information and additional links to all information regarding aquatic programs at city pools. For more information, please contact Aquatics via email.
  • Can I make a park reservation online?

    You may do so by visiting the Park Reservations page.
  • Where can I find listings and information regarding your classes and activities?

    Users can now access a complete class directory online by visiting the Register for Programs webpage and view the class directory.  Participants can also visit their recreation facility of choice to receive a printed hard copy for that specific facility.  Please click Recreation Facilities for a complete list of recreation centers. 
  • Where can I find information about buying a commemorative brick for the walk of honor at Veterans Park?

    Visit the Recreation Facilities page and click on Veterans Park Center Commemorative Brick link for further details and inscription form. You can also call (619) 691-5260 for further information. 
  • Do you offer refunds or transfers for recreation classes?

    Refunds are not issued unless classes are canceled. Refunds will be processed and mailed approximately 4-8 weeks after classes begin. The online registration processing fee is non-refundable.
  • I'd like to reserve a gazebo or picnic area in a park, who can I call?

    All Park Reservations can now be done online by visiting Park Reservations. Learn more about City Parks.
  • I need to reserve a field, who can I call?

    To reserve a field, please click on Recreation then click on Rent a Field or call  staff at (619) 691-5266.
  • How can I get a job with the Recreation Department?

    All recreation job information can be found on Jobs and Volunteer Opportunities or by visiting the Human Resources page.  The Department utilizes a variety of part-time positions for our facilities, in addition to volunteers and interns.  The Department also utilizes a variety of Contractual Instructors to teach recreational classes.  For information on becoming a Contractual Instructor, please click on Recreation Department page. 
  • Where can I find maps of City Parks?

    We now have an interactive map of our City parks, with the addresses and links to PDF versions of maps. To learn more, please visit the Parks page.
  • Do you offer free recreation programs?

    We offer free or very low cost afterschool programs and many of our Special Events are free or very low cost.
View Full Site