Registration begins NOVEMBER 27, 2018 at 8am (online & in-person)
Classes began - THE WEEK OF JANUARY 7, 2019
WE ARE STILL TAKING REGISTRATION FOR SOME WINTER SESSION CLASSES
You will be able to view these classes on line beginning Monday January 28, 2019
Registration begins FEBRUARY 11, 2019 at 8am (online & in-person)
Classes begin Tuesday April 2, 2019
The Recreation Department offers a wide variety of programs, classes and activities for all ages. Classes range from tennis to ballet to yoga and everything in between. A full roster of classes and descriptions are available through our Online Registration System!
Driving value and convenience for the local community, the Chula Vista Recreation Department has online registration. With online registration capabilities, thousands of recreation participants are able to view, register and pay for the department's many classes and activities, including swim lessons, tiny tots, gymnastics, dance, and sports program at any time during the registration period, from any Internet-enabled computer.
How to create your new account:
- Click on the "Create Account" button.
- Fill out the form for "Create Account" request completely; including all required fields and click "submit". Please submit your request only once. *Note: If you are registering a child for a program, please use your own information when filling an online registration account request form, NOT the information of the child you wish to register. Once you have an online registration account, you will have the opportunity to "Submit and Add Family Members"
- After creating your new account, you may search and enroll on any activities. As an online user, you can search for classes; view details, schedules and availability; register in just minutes; and pay online with a credit card when and where it is most convenient for you. Users have the opportunity now to: add family members, view transaction history, reprint receipts, and view weekly schedules of your family's upcoming activities. As an added convenience, you will receive an e-mail immediately following an online transaction to confirm your enrollment in a program.
The Registration Form is to be used only for the recreation and swimming classes offered by the Recreation Department.
- Registration will be accepted by mail on the dates listed, on a first received, first processed, space available basis.
- Print and fill out form completely.
- Registration is available only at the class location where they are held.
- Send a check or money order for the total payment due payable to “City of Chula Vista.” Separate checks for each recreation class are not required. Bank cards will not be accepted. Do not send cash.
- Individuals who do not live within the city limits of Chula Vista will be required to pay the nonresident fee listed for each class. Proof of residency may be required.
- It is best NOT TO USE mail-in registration if you want to increase your chances of enrollment for impacted programs.
Mail Check and Registration Form to:
City of Chula Vista
ATTN: Mail-In Register for Programs
276 Fourth Avenue, Building C
Chula Vista, CA 91910
A minimum number of participants are required to hold class. Where enrollment is low, the Recreation Department reserves the right to cancel. To help ensure that classes are held, please register early. An automatic refund will be issued if a class is cancelled by the department.
Refunds & Transfers
Refunds are not issued unless classes are cancelled. Refunds will be processed and mailed approximately 4-8 weeks after classes begin. Transfers and/or credits may be approved under certain limited conditions. Credit card and on-line registration processing fee is non-refundable.
Code of Conduct
The benefits of Recreation programs are numerous - enhancing health and building strong families and healthy communities. To ensure the quality of programs and public safety, we require all participants, staff, parents, spectators, coaches, and volunteers, to abide by this Code of Conduct:
- All persons shall act with respect towards other persons, respect their privacy and personal safety.
- Physical or verbal abuse of any kind will not be tolerated.
- All persons shall treat public and private property and equipment with respect.
- Facility rules and regulations shall be observed at all times.
Any City representative responsible for officiating, supervising or otherwise operating a recreation program shall have authority to enforce the terms of this Code, as authorized by the Director of Recreation. Failure of any person to abide by this Code of Conduct will result in disciplinary action, including but not limited to:
- Removal from the program area and/or facility,
- Restriction on program participation,
- Suspension or expulsion from the current program, and/or future programs, and/or from the facility, and
- Liability for any damages to property incurred.
Minors, under the age of 18, are required to have a parent or legal guardian sign the registration form. No refund of fees shall be given for any suspension or expulsion from a program for violating the Code of Conduct. The Director of Recreation shall review any expulsion or suspension longer than three days.