Important Updates:

COVID-19/Coronavirus - The City of Chula Vista is suspending operations except for critical public safety operations. For other exceptions and additional information visit our Coronavirus page here.




Title VI Compliance

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Title VI of the Civil Rights Acts of 1964 Compliance

Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and related statutes (Title VI) prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, or national origin in any program or activity that receives Federal funds or other Federal financial assistance. Programs that receive Federal funds cannot distinguish among individuals on the basis of race, color or national origin, either directly or indirectly, in the types, quantity, quality or timeliness of program services, aids or benefits that they provide or the manner in which they provide them. This prohibition applies to intentional discrimination as well as to procedures, criteria, or methods of administration that appear neutral but have a discriminatory effect on individuals because of their race, color, or national origin. 


As a recipient of federal funds, City of Chula Vista has a Title VI complaint process for local disposition of Title VI grievances.  Any person who believes she or he has been aggrieved by any unlawful discriminatory practice under Title VI may file a grievance with the City of Chula Vista.  Any such grievance must be in writing and submitted to the City’s Title VI Compliance Officer within one hundred and eighty (180) days following the date of the alleged occurrence.

Please read the Title VI Written Program here.


Title VI Resources:

Title VI Complaint Process



Title VI Complaint Form




For more information on the City’s Title VI compliance and the procedures to file a grievance, please contact the City’s Title VI Coordinator at (619) 409-5927 or visit the City’s Human Resources Department at 276 Fourth Avenue, Bldg. C, Chula Vista, CA 91910.  Grievant also has the right to file grievances directly to the appropriate State or Federal agency providing financial assistance to the City.  



View Full Site