The health and well-being of Chula Vista residents, visitors, and employees during the COVID-19 outbreak remains our top priority. The City of Chula Vista is coordinating with the County of San Diego Health and Human Services Agency/Public Health Services department and other agencies to take measures to monitor and reduce the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). The World Health Organization has declared the outbreak a global pandemic.
The City has proclaimed a local emergency which authorizes the City Manager to implement all actions necessary to ensure the safety of City employees and the communities we serve.
The San Diego Food Bank & the City of Chula Vista will host a large-scale drive-thru emergency food distribution for low-income families & seniors in the South Bay on Friday, April 10, at Southwestern College, 900 Otay Lakes Road. beginning at 9 am. Drivers must enter from East H Street and will remain in their vehicle as volunteers place food and paper products directly in the trunk. No walk up food distribution. Those who are not able to arrive by car should contact the Food Bank directly for assistance: www.SanDiegoFoodBank.org/GetHelp
Did you know you can find many ChulaVista services online? Report a pothole, search the library catalog, pay for a service, apply for a job and much more! Visit our Online Services page or view a complete list of all our services here.
Available Resources During City Closure
To view the map in full screen use the [ ] icon in the top right.
- Summary of County of San Diego COVID-19 Cases by City of Residence
- Summary of County of San Diego COVID-19 Cases by Zip Code
The County of SanDiego has distributed handwashing stations throughout the City of ChulaVista in an effort to limit the spread of COVID-19. Combined with facilities provided by the City, the following locations are available for handwashing. Wash your hands thoroughly and often!
- Carquest Autoparts parking lot, 574 Orange Avenue
- Bay Blvd Park, 298 Bay Blvd
- Broadway and C Street, 4 Broadway
- Auto Zone sidewalk, 225 Broadway
- Community Through Hope, 465 C Street
- Day of Hope, 345 5th Avenue
- Eucalyptus Park, 416 C Street
- Friendship Park, Corner of Davidson and 4th Avenue
- Harborside Park, 670 Oxford Street
- Otay Regional Park Horse Staging Area, 27th Street, South of Faivre
- Lauderbach Park, 333 Oxford Street
- Memorial Park, 373 Park Way
- Parking lot, 707 F Street
- Orange Park, 1475 4th Avenue
- Sweetwater Regional Park Open Space Preserve, Intersection of Bonita Road and Plaza Bonita Road